04 April 2012
There are actual, substantive things going on with Pitt athletics right now, but sometimes life gives you an opportunity that's too good to pass up (via):
The jokes are endless. Really.
- It's always been his dream to throw a ceremonial pitch for a mid-90s expansion team.
- Penni has always been a Diamondbacks fan.
- Sends text message 30 minutes before the game that he'll be throwing for the Rangers instead.
- Publicly scolds Josh Collmenter for holding the ball too long.
- Pitch doesn't make it over the plate. Blames the catcher.
- Son comes dressed as a mini Diamondback.
- Ball boy hands Gatorade to Rich Rod. Graham calls him a "mercenary."
- Balks on the first pitch because he can't get set.
- Tries to blow a timeout halfway through his wind-up.
- After a poor pitch, Penni sends out a tweet asking fans to "stay with us" complete with Bible verse.
So that's about 15 minutes worth.
But let's not forget about RichRod. He must be thrilled. There really aren't that many pairings where he gets to be the noble one. I just hope that his pitch isn't a nightmare.
Never gets old.
|< Prev||Next >|